Monday, February 14, 2011

And the Wedding Photography Winner is...

Drum-roll please.............Stephanie Klar and Kellen Bale!  Congratulations!

Here is an excerpt from the letter Stephanie sent me...


My name is Stephanie.  I grew up with split parents and was one of those “love don’t exist” kind of gals until I met Kellen. He will tell that he never wanted to marry and preferred to live in a log cabin in the middle of nowhere with his dog of choice. Here we are though getting married in 76 days all because of love. Love for each other, love for passion, love for youth, love for independence, and the love of our child. Weston Bale is our beautiful baby boy who will be 7 months this month! He showed us a different kind of love that neither of us knew existed.
                We can’t afford a photographer for our wedding. Our wedding budget just can’t budge for it because my dad is getting married 6 months after me, and my brother graduates high school this year and starts college soon. This may not have been the best year to get married, but I am still marrying my soul mate! We had the option to take some money from our budget and elope, then keep the remainder to pocket but that’s not the kind of people we are. We would rather have a budget friendly wedding with some corners cut than no wedding at all.
                On top of all my family’s expenses there are also health issues. My sister has been diagnosed with multiple illnesses and is being tested for more. I don’t want to use this as my pity party because my family is strong and will get through this. The hard part is all her doctor appointments and stress this is putting on my mom. I feel terrible asking my mom anything right now and my sister is my maid of honor. 
                I truly wish we had the money to pay for a photographer ourselves but I only work weekends Saturday and Sunday mornings 12:00am to 12:00pm. I really have no other choice though because my fiancé works Monday through Friday 9:30am to 7:00pm the same time I work my second job as full time mom. J I have to admit though know other job comes close to being as rewarding even if it means money is tight.

Check back late this spring for some wedding photo highlights! Congratulations again to Stephanie and Kellen! Thanks to everyone who entered and best wishes!


No comments:

Post a Comment